1) How did Too Many T’s meet?
We met in Wakefield. Probably the only 2 rappers in Wakefield at the time so inevitable really!
(2) Is there a story behind the band’s name?
We drink a lot of Tea and we’ve both got big yellow self storage spaces full of TShirts
(3) Who would you say have been your biggest influences as a band?
Ross: My bro is a turntablist so he had a big influence and introduced me to old school underground hip hop and artists like Edan, Abdominal & J5
Leon: Old soul played in the house and I loved RnB as a kid. Then I got into rap through Biggie and Eminem but my ultimate go to artist is MJ.
(4) Would you say you prefer being in the studio recording new material or playing live shows?
Playing live – 110%! Recording raps can be long…especially if you don’t nail it in the 1st few takes. We’re perfectionists and once you’ve done the same verse 20 times it can be hard to know when it’s right – you can end up just saying the words and not feeling them. Playing live has so much more freedom and you’re vibing with a whole crowd that brings a magical energy with it.
(5) What was the first music festival you went to – as a fan or indeed as a band?
We went to Wireless festival together about 12 years ago in Leeds and was our 1st experience. I don’t think we’d even thought about making music by that point!
(6) Do you have a favourite venue/city to play live? (They don’t have to be the same!)
Favourite city is a close call between Bristol and Brighton – every show we’ve ever had here (and there’s been a lot) has been off the charts sickness! Favourite venue…gonna pick one we’ve played at more than once so rules out a few but for fairness can’t go just on one event…and in that case, probably Hootenanny in Brixton. Ooooh tough though, so many amazing venues!
(7) If you had to only play festivals or headline sets for the rest of your career, which would you prefer?
Festivals. There’s something magical about the people, energy and atmosphere found in the fields of a festival site.
(8) Do you have a favourite song to play live?
Diamonds Gold off our latest album bangs like a right mo fo on the right system!! Big shout out to Odjbox on the production there!
(9) What are your ambitions as a band for the future?
We wanna travel and share our music with people around the world. Especially wanna get out to USA and see how we go down over there. We’d also like to get into some humanitarian projects and spread positivity through more than just our music.
(10) If you could have written one song in history yourself, what would you have preferred it to be?
Are you asking what existing song do we wish we wrote?? As rappers, and we’re both together on this one; it has to be Drug Ballad by Eminem. Flow, rhythm, content. It’s just sick as fuck! Rap with me now…. Back when Mark Wahlberg was Marky Mark, This is how we used to make the party start….